Iron 50 is a high-analysis, low water-soluble, uiformly granulated iron fertilizer, specifically designed to assist in turf care, plant growth, and maximizing yield.
Iron functions in plant Download Fact Sheet
- Essential for chlorophyll production
- Promotes energy transfers
- Required in photosynthesis
- Part of the enzyme system needed for plant respiration
- Required for the formation of some proteins
- Promotes healthy growth in plants
Iron can be deficient in
- Compacted soils with poor drainage
- High soil pH
- Excessive phosphorus, calcium, zinc, manganese or copper levels
- Plants are generally spindly and stunted
- Plants may show chlorosis of the younger, upper leaves while veins may remain green
- Progresses to older leaves when severe
- Lime induced chlorosis on high pH soils
- Soybeans, corn, sorghum, rice, ornamentals are most sensitive
Critical levels in plant and soil tests
- Plant Tissue: parts per million (ppm)
- Critical levels at about 25-250 ppm
- Corn: 25-250 ppm
- Beans: 50-350 ppm
- Wheat: 20-200 ppm
- Soil Test: parts per million (ppm), 0-6”, Mehlich III extraction
- Deficient: <5 ppm
- Marginal: 5-10 ppm
- Sufficient: >10 ppm
Use Ultra Yield Iron 50 for fall and pre-plant iron deficiency prevention. Ultra Yield Iron 50 is the product of choice for broadcast and band applications in a wide range of conditions.
- Iron 50 is an ideal high-analysis iron choice for a variety of needs.
- Crop essential sulfur at 3%. All the sulfur in Iron 50 is in the immediately available form of sulfate sulfur.
- Nitrogen content of 1% provides added dollar value to Iron 50 and it is in the ammonium form, which means it won’t volatilize.
- Iron 50 is manufactured to be a low-staining iron fertilizer.